This is a great cold summer side dish. We take this to Ravinia often.
Shitake, Pea & Rice Salad
- 1 Med red onion chopped fine.
- 1 ½ c Frozen peas
- ½ c Dried cranberries
- 1 c. Toasted almonds, slivered
- 1 Lg. Sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 12 oz Fresh shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 c Uncle Ben’s white rice
- ½ c Wild Rice
- 2 ½ c Water
- Sesame oil
- Add the wild rice to the water and microwave for 10 minutes on high, covered.
- Add white rice, 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil and cranberries. Microwave 8 minutes on high.
- Then microwave 16 minutes on Roast/Bake or ½ power.
- Let cool, then stir and chill in the refrigerator.
- Sauté mushrooms in the rest of the sesame oil for 3 or 4 minutes, then add the peas and cook over reduced heat until the peas are tender – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the peppers and onions and mix with the dressing and chill for at least an hour.
- Add vegetable mixture and almonds to cooked rice and refrigerate.
Copyright © 2015 by Norwest Communications Inc.