This is a quick and almost foolproof recipe with a bit of spice. It’s light and healthy and one of our favorite summer recipes, although it’s good any time of year.
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1 large Red Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Red Curry Paste
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- Napa Cabbage
- Chop the red onion and the garlic and fry in a little olive oil until translucent.
- Add 1 pound ground chicken and continue cooking.
- Add enough low-sodium chicken broth to keep the chicken from burning.
- Cook till done and until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Mix about 2 or 3 Tbsp. of Red Thai Curry Paste with a little broth and add it into the mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Taste and add a bit of salt if needed.
- Add about one bunch of chopped cilantro and about 3 Tbsp of fresh lime juice and stir into the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Serve in Napa Cabbage leaves.
The curry paste is where most of the flavor comes from. You might be able to find it in the oriental section of the supermarket. If the mixture is too spicy for your taste, back off on the curry paste.