Everybody loves Natalie’s potato salad and the boys have all wanted the recipe, but it was never written down. Finally, I had Natalie make the salad and I stopped her at each step, measuring as we went. Forcing her to add the seasonings from measuring spoons rather than shakers was not pleasant, but I finally got the recipe down for posterity. (I have also adjusted this recipe a few times as the written-down amounts weren’t quite right. Make sure you taste as you add the seasonings! Here it is — enjoy!
- 2.5 lb. Red Potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 1 Medium Sweet Onions - Diced
- 2 Cups Diced Celery
- 2 tsp. Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 Cups mayonnaise
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped fine
- 4 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- Salt (To taste)
- Wash and dice the potatoes, removing bad spots. It's really not necessary to peel red potatoes unless you are finicky about those sort of things.
- Boil the potatoes until cooked. Don't overcook or you will wind up with mashed potato salad. Cool the potatoes in cold water and drain.
- Chop the celery and onions fine.
- Boil the eggs, cool and chop fine.
- Mix everything together, adjusting the seasoning to your taste.
- When you are ready to serve, top with paprika