This is a great way to use up leftover ham. But these are so good, we’ve been known to go out and get a small canned ham just to make these. They freeze well and are nice for parties. You can make them ahead and pop them in the oven just before you are ready to serve.
- 20-24 Sandwich Rolls
- 7 cups of leftover ham, ground in food processor
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 9 stalks of celery, chopped fine in food processor
- 1 can pitted black olives, chopped fine in food processor
- 1 large onion, chopped fine in food processor
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- Black Pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise to barely moisten (about 4 Tbsp.)
- Process ingredients as described
- Mix all ingredients together except the sandwich rolls.
- Scoop out the center of sandwich Rolls
- Fill with the mixture
- Bake in pre-heated 325F oven for about 15 minutes
These can be made and frozen and baked later, baking time will of course increase. They can also be frozen after baking and reheated in the oven.
Please note that the quantities of ingredients can be adjusted to what you have on hand and to your taste. Be creative!