Natalie has been making them since we were first married, and Christmas wouldn’t quite be Christmas without them.
Natalie’s Crescent Christmas Cookies
- 1 lb. cold butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cake of compressed yeast
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- chocolate sprinkles
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Separate the eggs and reserve the whites.
- Crumble the yeast into the egg yolks and add to the butter/sugar mix.
- With the mixer still running, gradually beat in the flour.
- Take about a 1 Tbsp. ball of dough and roll between your hands until elongated to about 2 1/2 inches.
- Dip about 3/4 in. of the ends of the dough in egg whites and then chocolate sprintkles.
- Bend into crescents and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.
Copyright © 2015 by Norwest Communications Inc.