Natalie found this recipe many years ago in a magazine or newspaper and has been making it ever since. It’s been modified a little from the original, but we always try to make recipes our own. This is a nice summery vegetarian meal that goes extremely well with a glass of crisp white wine.
- ½ lb. mostaccioli or rotini
- ¾ stick of butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh broccoli
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 oz. pea pods
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta until tender, drain and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and stir in broccoli, carrot, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes until the broccoli is just tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the peapods, onion, and wine, cover, and cook for two more minutes making sure that the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with the pasta and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.