Smoked salmon is a staple of our diet and is the primary food that I make in my smoker. This is a quick recipe for a delicious spread that can be used on crackers or thinly sliced french bread or probably even as a vegetable dip. I used smoked chunk salmon in this recipe as opposed to the thinly sliced Lox that you would put on a bagel, but that would probably work, too. I just haven’t tried it.
- 8 oz. Smoked Salmon (Chopped fine)
- 8 oz. Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Jalapeno pepper (Chopped Fine)
- 1 bunch of green onions (Slit and chopped fine)
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic (to taste)
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Chill to let flavors blend.
- Serve on crackers or thin slices of baguette.
You can use mayonnaise instead of cream cheese in case you are avoiding dairy, or happen to like that flavor profile better. Add enough to hold the spread together, probably about 4 oz.