We have been making a fresh cranberry relish for Thanksgiving as long as I can remember. This recipe is a little more complicated, but it is still no-cook, fresh and healthy.
- 1 medium unpeeled orange—scrubbed, halved, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 medium unpeeled lemon—scrubbed, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1 pound)
- ½ - ¾ cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or pistachios.
- Wash the cranberries and pick through them, removing any soft or shriveled ones.
- Pulse the berries in a food processor until they are chopped fine, and then put them in a bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the orange, apple and lemon and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer to the bowl with the cranberries and stir in 1/2 cup of the sugar and the nuts. Mix well.
- Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.