When Natalie and I travel we often stay at Marriott
Fritatta with Avocado, Cucumber & Arugula
- 2 Eggs (1 Jumbo Egg)
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 Avocado, diced
- 1 Small lemon wedge
- 1 Baby cucumber, halved lengthwise and diced
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 2 Tbsp. Shredded Mexican cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Mexican Salsa
- Warm up a warming drawer, or heat your oven to about 140° F and then turn off. Put your plate(s) in the oven to warm.
- Peel and dice the avocado into 3/4 inch cubes and squeeze the lemon juice over them.
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise, and dice into 3/8 inch pieces.
- Beat the egg(s). Heat a non-stick skillet and pour in the egg, spreading it over the pan as you would a crepe.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the egg. When the egg is done and cheese begins to melt, slide the egg carefully onto the plate and return the plate to the oven or warmer.
- Put 1 tsp. of olive oil in the pan and saute the arugula in the pan until it begins to wilt.
- Remove the plate from the oven and top with the arugula. Arrange the pieces of avocado and cucumber over the arugula and top with salsa.
- Serve immediately.
This is not a difficult recipe to make, once you get the hang of it. The heated plate is important as the thin egg pancake will cool quickly on a cold plate. Amounts are approximate, so adjust them to your liking. You can substitute egg whites for the eggs if you desire. I prefer a salsa that has lemon or lime juice in it rather than vinegar, so read your ingredients when you buy the salsa. If you are cooking for more than one, it might be easier to have a separate skillet to saute the arugula.