This is a quick, delicious, summer appetizer that I came up with. We’re always looking for new uses for zucchini. I will usually make this from the first zucchini off the vine and it celebrates the beginning of the summer bounty.
Quantities are approximate and of course it all depends on the size of your zucchini and how much salmon you have. Seasonings are of course to taste.
- 4 - 6 oz. piece of smoked salmon (not lox)
- Whipped cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- 2 small to medium zucchini
- Fresh basil leaves, sliced into strips
- Small jar roasted red peppers, sliced into strips and then 1 inch lengths
- Shred the salon with a fork into a small bowl.
- Add enough cream cheese to make a spreadable mixture.
- Season with garlic powder and paprika and mix well.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Spread with the salmon mixture.
- Top with basil and 1 or two pieces of red pepper.