I make a lot of smoked salmon appetizers, especially in the summer, and another go-to for us is Smoked Salmon Spread with fresh slice baguettes. But an occasion came up where I needed an appetizer that was gluten and dairy free. So I eliminated the cream cheese and built a recipe based on my Quick Aioli recipe. Click on the words Quick Aioli in the recipe to get to that recipe. This recipe received many compliments, and thus it earned a place on the website. It’s not difficult to make, but the assembly takes a little time.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 8 ounces Nova Lox smoked salmon
- 1/4 red onion diced fine
- 1/2 bottle non-pareil capers – rinsed
- 1/2 cup Quick Aioli
- Prepare the Quick Aioli recipe.
- Peel alternate 1/4-inch strips from the cucumber.
- Slice the cucumber at an angle into oval 1/4-inch slices.
- Slice each piece of salmon into cucumber-sized rectangles.
- Place a piece or two of salmon on each slice of cucumber using all of the salmon.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the aioli on each piece of salmon.
- Top each piece with a little red onion and a few capers, pressing them into the aioli.
Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Appetizer
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.53 g||3.1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4 g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 2.43 mg||0.7%|
|Sodium 183.12 mg||7.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.89 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.26 g||0%|
|Sugars 0.31 g|
|Protein 1.27 g|
|Vitamin A 2.61 µg||Vitamin C 0.71 mg|
|Calcium 5.39 mg||Iron 0.18 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Karney Family Recipes
You can use zucchini instead of cucumbers.