I created this recipe for New Year’s Day brunch since the Kale in the garden was still in good shape despite snow and evening temperatures in the mid teens. The oven dried tomatoes were frozen in mid September and were as good as freshly made ones. The recipe for those is at http://karneyfamilyrecipes.com/2013/01/06/oven-dried-tomatoes/
- 6 cups Kale - ribs removed and chopped
- 1 Small Onion – Sliced thin
- 3 Cloves of Garlic - minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4 Green Onions- Chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 5 oz. Swiss Cheese Grated
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 Oven Dried Tomato halves or sun dried tomatoes cut into ½ inch strips.
- Fry onion for a couple of minutes in olive oil, then add kale and garlic. Reduce heat and sauté for about 5 minutes. Season liberally with black pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat eggs and whisk in milk and flour. Add green onions, cheese, oregano and Kale mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased 9 inch Quiche dish or pie pan. Top with roasted or sun dried tomatoes, pressing them into the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about ½ hour or until fork inserted in Quiche comes out clean.
- Let set for 10 minutes or so before cutting.
See the recipe for Oven-Roasted Tomatoes