This is the traditional recipe for Thanksgiving turkey stuffing that Natalie has made since we’ve been cooking our own Turkey. Everyone raves about it, and for us it’s the definitive stuffing. It’s the recipe that she got from her mother. I might add, that as long as she’s been making it, (25 years+), I’ve been cooking the Thanksgiving bird outside on the Weber.
- 2 lbs. Jimmy Dean Original Pork Sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef (Ground Round)
- 1 full bunch of celery
- 1 14 oz. bag Brownberry Herb Seasoned Stuffing - shredded
- 1 14 oz. bag Brownberry Herb Seasoned Stuffing - cubed
- 2 large onions
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups warm milk (2%)
- 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend (To Taste)
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper (To Taste)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder (To Taste)
- Cook the sausage and beef separately until done, chop with spatula as you cook to avoid clumps.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix the meat with the stuffing.
- Cut the celery into approx 2 in. lengths and chop fine in the food processor.
- Mix in.
- Cut the onions into cubes and chop fine in the food processor.
- Mix in.
- Add the seasonings and enough milk to moisten.
- Mix well
- Stuff the Turkey and cook.
- Put the rest of the mixture in a large (10 x 16) baking pan, cover with foil, and bake at 350 for 1/2 hour. Uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes until the top is crisp.