I came up with this one a few summers ago when we started cooking salmon on the grill. Natalie likes spicy, and this recipe can be as spicy as you like depending on the amount of jalapenos that you add. It is almost as good prepared in the oven. This works well for a large group and we have done that a couple of times.
- 6 Salmon steaks – approx. 6 oz. each
- 1 Large sweet red pepper
- ½ Large onion
- 4 Jalapeño peppers
- ½ lbs Mushrooms
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Limes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Dice onion and peppers fine, press garlic and sauté all in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the juice of two limes.
- Arrange the salmon on a pan or foil, sprinkle with black pepper, and then cover with the salsa.
- Bake in a 350° oven or grill over indirect heat until flaky. (About 20 min.)