Red Pepper Hummus (Variation 2)
This is a variation of the basic hummus recipe. We usually serve it with whole wheat pita bread triangles that have been brushed with Olive Oil and toasted in the oven. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious recipe.
- 2 15 oz. cans Garabanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Small jar roasted red sweet peppers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Dash of Cayenne pepper
- 1 Dash of Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put the beans, garlic, lemon juice and spices in a food processor and start blending.
- Slowly add the red peppers to just make a smooth mixture. (If you add too many, the mixture will become runny)
- Blend very well and slowly add the Olive Oil to the running food processor.
- Finish blending and serve.
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.