Shrimp has been getting a lot of bad press lately, mostly because of the questionable conditions under which it is farmed. When I saw that my favorite grocery store, Heinan’s, carries sustainable, wild caught Oregon baby shrimp, I came up with this recipe for a quick appetizer spread.
- 1 - 4 oz. can sustainable, wild caught Oregon baby shrimp
- 2/3 cup green onions, chopped fine (1/4” dice)
- 2/3 cup celery chopped fine (1/4” dice)
- 1 - small bottle of pimentos (1 ½ oz.), chopped fine (1/4” dice)
- ½ tsp. powdered garlic
- ½ tsp. hot Hungarian Paprika (to taste)
- Approx. 6 oz. whipped cream cheese
- Mix first six ingredients together well and then blend in cream cheese.
- Chill in refrigerator to let flavors blend.
- Serve on Original Triscuit, or other non-seasoned crackers.
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.