Natalie found this recipe many years ago in a magazine or newspaper and has been making it ever since. It’s been modified a little from the original, but we always try to make recipes our own. This is a nice summery vegetarian meal that goes extremely well with a glass of crisp white wine.
- ½ pound mostaccioli or rotini
- ¾ stick of butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh broccoli
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 ounces pea pods
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta until tender, drain and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and stir in broccoli, carrot, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes until the broccoli is just tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the peapods, onion, and wine, cover, and cook for two more minutes making sure that the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toss the vegetable mixture with the pasta and serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 8 Main dish servings.
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.38 g||13.8%|
|Saturated Fat 5.58 g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.35 g|
|Cholesterol 22.78 mg||7.3%|
|Sodium 424.16 mg||17.7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.94 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.98 g||12%|
|Sugars 4.91 g|
|Protein 7.04 g|
|Vitamin A 33.32 %||Vitamin C 56.14 %|
|Calcium 6.38 %||Iron 11.39 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Karney Family Recipes
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.