I’m always looking for healthy breakfast alternatives. Most American breakfast foods are laden with fat, sugar and refined carbs, and oatmeal with fruit gets a little old after a while.
Avocado toast is a quick, healthy breakfast that uses fresh ingredients. There are a lot of variations and it’s easy to come up with your own. This is one that turned out particularly well and is easy to make. Enjoy!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced fine)
- 3 Tbsp chopped pistachio nuts
- Baby arugula
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
- Good extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pieces good whole-grain bread
- Chop the jalapeno and add to the avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh-squeezed lime juice to taste.
- Toast the bread.
- Spray the bread with a bit of olive oil, and top with a layer of baby arugula.
- Spread 1/4 of the avocado mixture mixture on each of the toasts and top with the chopped pistachios. Finish with a spritz of olive oil.
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.