We’re always looking for Zucchini recipes. Here is a great appetizer with a fraction of the calories of breaded zucchini. Thanks to Marilyn Aliede for introducing us to this one.
- 1 or 2 Medium Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp.Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix Panko, Cheese, Thyme and 1 Tbsp. olive oil until the mixture is an even yellow color from the oil.
- Slice zucchini into 1/8 inch thick pieces.
- Spray or brush both sides of Zucchini with olive oil.
- Arrange in single layer on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle Panko mixture generously on top of the Zucchini.
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown.
You can mix up the Panko, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and thyme mixture in advance and keep it in the refrigerator for several weeks, using it as needed.
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.