Asian Turkey Burgers
When we went to St. Louis to view the 2017 eclipse, Kevin and Katy built a party around the event and served these luscious Asian Turkey Burgers. They reminded us of our Porkies (Barbecued Pork Patties) on this site, but are probably a bit healthier. We made them for a group of friends and they were a real hit.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, shallot, ginger, garlic, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1 teaspoon sriracha, and 4 teaspoons soy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties (The mixture will be very soft, finish forming them once they are in the pan.)
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over medium high-heat. Season the burgers liberally with salt and pepper. Add the burgers to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned.
- Transfer the burgers to a foil-lined cookie sheet in the oven to finish cooking for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and as much sriracha as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split the buns and place in the oven to toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers: Spread a little sriracha mayo onto each bun, then top with a turkey burger and some of the remaining cilantro.
Asian Turkey Burgers
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32.6 g||49.2%|
|Saturated Fat 6.01 g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.12 g|
|Cholesterol 89.51 mg||29.7%|
|Sodium 610.2 mg||25.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.53 g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.19 g||8%|
|Sugars 5.1 g|
|Protein 27.85 g|
|Vitamin A 4.04 %||Vitamin C 5.01 %|
|Calcium 11.5 %||Iron 18.11 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Karney Family Recipes
Ground turkey does not hold it's shape well, so it is essential to pan-fry the burgers. They would probably not work well on the grill.
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.