Natalie used to make this all of the time, we need to rediscover this recipe.
Natalie’s Spinach Pie
- 2 C Flour
- 1/2 C Cornmeal (White)
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 C Butter
- 6-10 Tbsp. Cold water
- 1 Carton Ricotta cheese (15 1/2 oz.)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 C Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 C Minced onion
- 1 1/2 C Grated Mozzarella (6 oz.)
- 2 pkg. Frozen Spinach (10 oz. ea.) thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- Blend the first 5 ingredients as you would for a pie crust.
- Divide into two parts and roll out for top and bottom.
- Beat two eggs & Ricotta until well blended.
- Then blend in the rest of the ingredients.
- Form the bottom crust into a 9 inch pie pan and pour in the Spinach mixture.
- Cover with the top crust, pinch the edges, and brush with beaten egg.
- Decorate with leaf shapes from leftover crust.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- Check at intervals and bake until golden brown.
Copyright © 2019 by Norwest Communications Inc.