This is a Vietnamese recipe we found in an Oriental Barbecue book. It is a fun meal because it gathers everyone around the table where you assemble your own pork wraps.
Porkies (Barbecued Pork Patties)
- 2 lbs Ground lean pork
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp Sherry
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 doz Whole fresh lettuce leaves
- 4 c Cooked white rice
- 1 c Cilantro leaves or chopped scallions
- 1 c Fresh mint leaves or chopped celery leaves
- Spicy Nuoc Mam sauce
- In a large bowl, mix ground pork, ginger, sherry, soy sauce, oil sugar and salt.
- Shape pork tightly into two inch balls and squeeze each ball firmly into an elongated 3 inch sausage shape.
- Broil the pork patties 15-20 minutes over charcoal fire until crisp and brown.
- To eat, put a pork patty and some rice on a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with garnishes and some Nuoc Mam sauce. Fold over both sides of the lettuce leaf and then eat and enjoy.
© 2023 Copyright © 2020 by Norwest Communications Inc.