There are at least a million Chili recipes out there, and probably about a half-million Chili Cook-off contests. I took my basic recipe and enhanced it with the spices from the number one award winning recipe on the web.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- Fresh ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. can Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz. can Del Monte diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 14.5 oz. can Del Monte diced tomatoes with zesty mild chili peppers
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle Guinness beer
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce (more if you like it hotter)
- 1 14.5 oz. can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can Black Beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can Chili Beans in spicy sauce
- 2 tsp. cornmeal
- 2 tsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Cooked Macaroni
- Chopped Sweet Onion
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown the meat in a large skillet over high heat. Season thoroughly with fresh ground black pepper. If you use lean meats draining won't be necessary.
- Transfer meet to deep pan.
- Add a bit of oil to the skillet and saute the onions and garlic until translucent. Add to the deep pan.
- Put the deep pan on the stove and add the rest of the ingredients up to the beans.
- Simmer for a couple of hours.
- Add the Chili Beans and Sauce.
- Rinse the Black Beans and Kidney Beans and add them to the Chili.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal and water into a batter and add to the Chili, stirring constantly until blended.
- Taste and adjust your seasonings.
- Let simmer another half hour or more.
- Serve over Macaroni if desired and top with onions and cheddar cheese
Copyright © 2015 by Norwest Communications Inc.