Here’s the traditional recipe for Cookie Press Christmas cookies. This is a classic, but you still need the recipe, so here it is in a convenient place.
Cookie Press Butter Cookies
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg yolks, 2 tablespoons milk, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Chill the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Fill the cookie press and shape the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush the top of each cookie with the egg whites mixed with 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Decorate with colored sugar or candy sprinkles as desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until the cookies are golden brown on top, about 10 minutes. Don't overbake.
Copyright © 2019 by Norwest Communications Inc.